Student Profile: Lizi Endres

Name: Lizi Endres

Hometown: Waunakee, WI

High School: Waunakee High School

Class Size: 250

Farm: Endres Berryridge Farms LLC

Major: Dairy Science

Why did you decide to attend UW-Madison?

I never had any doubt in my mind that I wanted to attend UW-Madison. Growing up, I was very involved in 4-H and FFA, and so I was aware of all of the incredible opportunities the Dairy Science Department had to offer. I wanted to not only attend one of the top universities in the country, but also participate in activities such as Dairy Judging and Dairy Challenge.

What has been your most memorable college experience?

My most memorable college experience was judging at the North American International Livestock Exposition in Louisville, Kentucky. Our team placed second overall, however what makes this trip memorable was being the only girl on the team with three AGR boys, which as you can imagine makes for an entertaining 7 hour drive.

What has been your favorite course?

I honestly can’t decide between Dairy Herd Management (233&234) and Lactation Physiology (305). I loved the opportunity to learn hands-on from experts in the dairy industry about a wide range of topics in Dairy Herd Management, but am also fascinated by the physiology behind how cows make milk and how different management practices can affect it.

What are your future career goals?

I will be starting veterinary school here at UW-Madison this fall. After veterinary school, I plan to specialize in advanced reproduction, while also providing general dairy management consultation.